Manhattan Graphics Center (MGC) is a fully equipped, fine art printmaking studio that welcomes artists at all levels of printmaking experience.FACILITIES
MGC’s facilities include three etching presses, three lithography presses, a silkscreen area, and a complete darkroom. MGC offers many options for independent workspace use and a wide variety of classes. For enrollment in all programs, artist membership is required. Membership is open to all artists for an annual fee of $35 and entitles members to numerous benefits.MEMBERSHIP BENEFITS
- Access to the studio for classes and open workshop.
- Opportunity to include your work in the MGC online gallery.
- Opportunity to include your work in the MGC slide file and flat files for review by visiting curators.
- Eligibility for one–person shows at MGC for members currently working at the studio.
- Participation in portfolio and exhibition projects.
The administration of MGC is done mainly by keyholders; they are crucial to its survival. For their commitment to monitor (that is, supervise the studio for 4 hours per week, do chores, and staff the MGC committees), keyholders have access to the studio when it is closed and also receive tuition discounts when the studio is open. Artists who wish to participate must have at least one semester of attendance at MGC and must be approved by the Operations Committee. SCHOLARSHIPS AVAILABLE
MGC offers scholarships for its regular terms and the special summer program summerINK
. Printmaking experience is not required. Any artist who has not previously worked at MGC is eligible to apply. Visit the scholarship page
of our website for application guidelines, or send a self–addressed stamped envelope to MGC for information.